
As I was reading in Proverbs 19 this morning, this verse stood out to me: "Also it is not good for a soul to be without knowledge, and he sins who hastens with his feet." And then as I continued reading the chapter I came across other verses mentioning the soul. One of them is on the picture above and here is the other one, verse 16- "He who keeps the commandment keeps his soul, but he who is careless of his ways will die." These are verses that I was pondering this morning! I am looking forward to keeping an eye out for more verses mentioning the soul in the days ahead.
"He that retains the good lessons he has learnt, and orders his conversation according to them, shall find the benefit and comfort of it in his own soul and shall be happy here and for ever."
~Matthew Henry
"An ignorant soul cannot be a good soul. That the soul be without knowledge is not safe, nor pleasant; what good can the soul do, of what is it good for, if it be without knowledge?"
~Matthew Henry
Let us be diving into God's Word daily and gleaning all we can from it! Read good theologically sound books. (Jerry Bridges, John Piper, J.I. Packer, John MacArthur Jr., and R. C. Sproul are some good authors.) Be someone who has an understanding of the times. (1 Chronicles 12:32) I have been inspired lately to be reading books more, especially in this season of life I am in right now before marriage when I have more time to read. Make it a priority.
Happy reading! :)

I enjoy reading your posts. It is a good thing for us to keep learning God's Word.
ReplyDelete