Thursday, December 31, 2009

The Dawning of a New Year!

As I look back on the past year I am so thankful for the Lord's faithfulness, mercy, patience, and power! I am grateful that His mercies are new every morning and His faithfulness is very great! I am looking forward to the new year and all that is ahead that is yet unknown to me but fully known by God. I am thankful that we have no need to fret, because God is in ultimate control of all things! Praise the Lord!

"The counsel of the LORD stands forever,
the plans of His heart to all generations."
~Psalm 33:11

Another Year is Dawning

Another year is dawning, dear Father, let it be
In working or in waiting, another year with Thee.
Another year of progress, another year of praise,
Another year of proving Thy presence all the days.

Another year of mercies, of faithfulness and grace,
Another year of gladness in the shining of Thy face;
Another year of leaning upon Thy loving breast;
Another year of trusting, of quiet, happy rest.

Another year of service, of witness for Thy love,
Another year of training for holier work above.
Another year is dawning, dear Father, let it be
On earth, or else in Heaven, another year for Thee.

~Frances R. Havergal

"Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me. I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus."~Philippians 3:12 & 14

May this be true of us in the new year and always.


2 comments:

  1. Oh, Amy, I am so excited for you! First, I just read on Life in a Shoe that you are one of the winners of an audio album of the Sufficiency of Scripture conference!!! Congratulations! I am thrilled for you! (If it couldn't be me, I am soooo glad it was you!) And second, I love this post, and the poem by Frances Havergal--I have never read it before! It shows a beauty in your heart. And it reminded me to tell you what I've been thinking for awhile now and that is that I want you to know that the Lord is shining very brightly in your countenance lately, and it is beautiful to see! So, I am very excited for you!
    Lots of love,
    Mrs. G

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your comment! I did not know that I had won the CD set until I read your comment here! I am so glad you mentioned it.
    Thank you also SO much for your encouragements!

    Lots of love to you,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete