"Who can find a virtuous women?
For her price is far above rubies."
For her price is far above rubies."
~Proverbs 31:10
Virtuous: morally excellent
Living a life of excellence is not easy. It takes a lot of work and diligence, but it is so worth it! When it comes right down to it, we have to look at how we use the time that God has given us on this earth and what our priorities are. Is our priority to have a life of pleasure and fun or is our priority to live a life that is worthy of the Lord?(Which will ultimately bring the greatest form of pleasure!) Life goes by so quickly! It seems like the older I get the faster the days go by and I am only 25! I thought I would share with you some thoughts I have had on the virtuous women. Some of them are recent and some I have written down in my notebook over the past couple of years. Things that I am challenging myself on, as a lot of them are things I need to work on. I hope they can be a challenge and an encouragement to you as well, as we travel this path together!
I used to think and sometimes I still fall into this thinking, that when I get married then I will be this virtuous women and have a wonderful attitude about everything. But that is not right thinking. I need to start now. Now is the time to be working on the qualities of a virtuous women, because that is how we are to be living whether we are married or not. There is always more to learn. We need to be vigilant and alert, because the adversary the devil stalks around like a roaring lion seeking whom he may devour. (1 Peter 5:8-9) Being a virtuous women does not come easily and Satan will do what he can to try to keep us from living a life of excellence. Focusing on the things of this world, being consumed with entertainment, laziness, selfishness, etc. are some of the things that Satan uses to distract us from living the virtuous life that God so desires us to live. But what a joy to know that God has given us everything we need for life and godliness! (2 Peter 1:3-4) We just need to work it out in our lives and that takes diligence and prayer (for we can not do it in our own strength). (2 Peter 1:5-8)
The qualities that really stand out at me when I read about the proverbs 31 women is that she is diligent, unselfish, and full of wisdom. She does not waste her time. She is busy caring for her family, and not just her family but she also has time to reach out her hand and help the poor and needy.
By her virtuous life she motivates her husband to excel in the "gates".
By her virtuous life she motivates her husband to excel in the "gates".
"A man's good reputation begins with his home and thus the virtue of his wife." ~John MacArthur Jr.
For a virtuous women to be able to open her mouth with wisdom and have the law of kindness on her tongue(Proverbs31:26) she must be immersed in God's word, be living according to it, and have a love for the Lord that comes from her whole being.
"She does him good not evil all the days of her life." Proverbs 31:12 Notice it says all the days of her life. Those of us who are not married yet, can be doing our future husband good before we even know who he is by praying for him and growing in godliness and inner beauty.
"Charm is deceitful and beauty is passing, but a woman who fears the LORD, she shall be praised." Proverbs 31:30
Her inner beauty is what makes her truly beautiful.The path to inner beauty:
1. Let the Word of Christ dwell in you richly. (Col.3:16)
2. With all diligence add to your faith virtue, to virtue knowledge, to knowledge self-control, to self-control perseverance, to perseverance godliness, to godliness brotherly kindness, and to brotherly kindness love. (2 Peter 1:5-7)
3.Let the peace of God rule in your heart. (Col. 3:15) I do not get the impression that the Proverbs 31 women worries or frets about things, she is trusting in the Lord and has confidence and laughs at the future.
4. Rejoice always and in everything give thanks. (1 Thess. 5:16-18)
Proverbs 31 implies that a virtuous women is hard to find. We should strive to truly be a virtuous women whose worth is far above rubies. Our husbands will be glad we did. :)
Well, these are some of my thoughts on the Proverbs 31 women. I am grateful for my Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, who is faithful and patient with me as I press onward and upward towards the goal.
If any of you have any thoughts to add to this subject or if those of you who have a different perspective because of being married have some comments or corrections please leave a comment. I look forward to gleaning some wisdom from you!
Well, these are some of my thoughts on the Proverbs 31 women. I am grateful for my Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, who is faithful and patient with me as I press onward and upward towards the goal.
If any of you have any thoughts to add to this subject or if those of you who have a different perspective because of being married have some comments or corrections please leave a comment. I look forward to gleaning some wisdom from you!
Your sister-in-Christ,
Amy



Dear Amy,
ReplyDeleteThere is always a joy to find out what treasures are growing in your heart! :)
This article was a encouraging for me to keep doing my best with the life God gave me.
Isn't it great that God gave to us women such a great example in the Bible? Sometimes we think that only the men could do important things because they lead the world. But there is a saying
"Beyond any great man there is a great woman."
So the women have to learn how to be strong in their faith and how to become great women. :)
~ Adina