Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Omelets.....

I have been thinking that it would be fun to try making omelets sometime, since they are one of my favorite ways to have eggs. I thought I would have to get a special pan for it, but I was visiting with a lady at church about omelets and she told me how she makes them in her skillet! So I decided to give it a try since our neighbors had given us a few dozen eggs before they left for a trip! (They have chickens that have been laying very prolifically!)

The omelets were fairly simple to make!


And very yummy!


We put some left over ham from Easter, mushrooms and cheddar cheese in for the filling!

I want to encourage you to broaden your horizons in the kitchen and try making something you have never made before! It is one way we young ladies can prepare for wife and motherhood. Ask your mother and other ladies, that you know, questions about preparing different foods and learn all you can! They have had many more years of experience and practice than you, and are great resources of information!

1 comment: