Tuesday, April 21, 2009

sewing day...


Yesterday, we spent a few hours at church sewing and tying quilts for children in India. It was fun working on them together!


I worked on adding more fabric to the back of a quilt that had been already tied. The backing fabric had originally been cut too small, I guess. Then I sewed the binding strips together and sewed that on the quilt.

After sewing the binding on the quilt almost all the way around, Alyssa helped me remember how to join the binding together into one piece without overlapping and adding bulk.


Mrs. F. worked on sewing a quilt on the same table as I was. We would visit in between sewing!


Mrs. Z. pinned the strips of fabric for a different quilt...


....Mrs. R. sewed them together...


....and Kathrine ironed them flat!


This is the quilt top they were working on- almost completed.



This cute little guy got to join us and brought many smiles to our faces! Babies are good at that!

1 comment: