
A few months ago an older lady at church asked if I would want to have organ lessons. It wasn't something I really had a huge interest in, but I figured it would be a good opportunity to learn! The only problem was that we didn't have an organ at home and so that made practicing a little difficult! When one of our neighbors heard that I was starting to take organ lessons she generously offered for us to borrow her organ for the winter! So now we have an small organ in the house and I am able to practice most every day! It was special to see how the Lord provided a way for me to be able to practice right at home!
There is a lot to think about when playing the organ because in addition to playing the notes as I am used to on the piano, you have to play the right foot pedals as well which scrambles my brain sometimes; but it is getting easier as I practice more. It is a good brain exercise!
This afternoon I had my second organ lesson at church. Mrs. H. played along on the piano while I played the organ. We might try to play together for prelude some Sunday. I am thankful for the Lord's provision of an organ to have here at home, for a few months, to practice on!
So, how is the organ practicing going now, Amy? I grew up with an organ in our home--my mom played--my sister and I found it very different from the piano, and, since my mom played so well, didn't see any need to learn:) I confess that my brain couldn't handle both feet and hands going at the same time (kind of like walking and chewing gum!) Hope you're doing well today!
ReplyDeleteMrs. G
Thank you for your comment! Organ practicing has been going well. That is nice that your mom played the organ! My teacher and I are probably going to play prelude together (her on the piano and I on the organ) this coming Sunday.
ReplyDeleteIs it hard to walk and chew gum at the same time? I have never thought of that before. It has been a while since I have had any gum.
I hope you are having a good week!
Love,
Amy